Re: ocaml-ldconf problems on Woody

On Fri, Dec 27, 2002 at 08:18:36AM -0500, Oleg wrote:
> I'm still curious: was it the intent of the packaging design to
> require of the users to supply "-I /usr/lib/ocaml/pcre" when they use
> Pcre module in their own programs?

Using tools distributed with ocaml upstream release only you can use the
'+' notation which let you specify include directories relative to the
ocaml standard library directory.
Thus you can use the more compact '-I +pcre'.

On debian systems the suggested usage is through findlib using
'ocamlfind ocamlc' instead of 'ocamlc', using it all this burden is
carried on behind the scenes, e.g.:

  ocamlfind ocamlc -package pcre -linkpkg foo.ml

The above command will build a source (foo.ml) which uses the Pcre
library without having to specify any path.

Stefano Zacchiroli  -  Undergraduate Student of CS @ Uni. Bologna, Italy
 zack@{cs.unibo.it,debian.org,bononia.it} - http://www.bononia.it/zack/
 "I know you believe you understood what you think I said, but I am not
 sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant!" -- G.Romney