libdir transition status and testing migration planes.

Hello, ...

Let's make a quick roundup of the libdir migration.

Apparently it went of without a major hitch, there were some minor
problems though :

  o The problem with dist-upgrade, which forced running apt-get multiple
    times.

  o The ld.conf problem, which i fixed in the -14 release.

  o i got a report about a problem with the /usr/include/caml files.

Did anyone notice anything else ?

The first problems remains mysterious, the second is solved, altough not
as cleanly as i would, the last one was not really a problem, but i hope
to clean the include situation anyway.

The -15 release, i will do it before christmas, and it will contain :

  o additions to the ocaml_packaging_policy. We did speak about them
    before. If Stefano could send me his proposed changes also, it would
    be nice.

  o I will move the include files to /usr/include/ocaml/3.06, and
    symlink them from both /usr/include/caml and
    /usr/lib/ocaml/3.06/caml. Alternative ocaml installation can then
    use a diversion to replace the /usr/include/caml symlink or
    something such.

  o I would have liked to ship a original ld.conf file, and don't use
    ocaml-ldconf anymore, but apparently Stefano has still 2 libraries
    using the old scheme, so i will keep it still for now. Did anyone
    else see the WARNING output by ocaml-ldconf ?

The good news is that the glibc situation is about to clear, -6 is
already ready and seem to close all but 2 of the RC bugs. Once the last
two bugs are solved, We will immediately begin a mini-freeze again, as a
whole lot of stuff will be moving into testing at that time. So if you
have changes to do, or things to fix, it would be best to to them
somewhat quickly, or wait for after the mini-freeze. I think glibc
2.3.1-7 will be the trigger for this.