Re: libdir transition status and testing migration planes.

On Fri, Dec 20, 2002 at 09:26:23PM +0100, Sven Luther wrote:
> Did anyone notice anything else ?

Well three libraries of mine are currently broken on unstable:
- gdome2
- gdome-xslt
- lablgtkmathview

They are currently broken because I have to wait for a minor upstreame
release for various reasons, I expect it in a few days.

>   o additions to the ocaml_packaging_policy. We did speak about them
>     before. If Stefano could send me his proposed changes also, it would
>     be nice.

Are you tolking about versioned interlibrary dependencies, right?
Ok, I will write it in this days.

>   o I would have liked to ship a original ld.conf file, and don't use
>     ocaml-ldconf anymore, but apparently Stefano has still 2 libraries
>     using the old scheme, so i will keep it still for now. Did anyone
>     else see the WARNING output by ocaml-ldconf ?

Well, the libraries which are still using ld.conf are the broken ones,
so you can IMO remove it anyway, they are broken anyway :-)

As another 'mini' point, on my system I still have a
/usr/lib/ocaml/ld.conf (please note the absence of version number in
path), I guess it is no longer needed. Can you take care of removing it
in some postinst script?

Stefano Zacchiroli  -  Undergraduate Student of CS @ Uni. Bologna, Italy
 zack@{cs.unibo.it,debian.org,bononia.it} - http://www.bononia.it/zack/
 "I know you believe you understood what you think I said, but I am not
 sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant!" -- G.Romney