Re: cameleon: byte or native?

Stefano Zacchiroli wrote:

On Wed, Nov 27, 2002 at 11:25:04AM +0100, J?r?me Marant wrote:
Fix dpkg so it handles versioned provides ?
OK. Give me one hour.

Ok, you've had your hour, is dpkg fixed now? :-)))))

:-)

BTW, i choose the -byte suffix for bytecode programs, do you think this
is a good choice ?
I don't have any better idea. Does someone have something better to propose
in there ?
hm ... no, but IMHO it's not really better than an ugly Provides field.

As you wish Jerome, both are ugly and both work :)

I think the Provides is less reliable than the Depends though.
I'm going to use Sven's.