Re: libdir migration protocol (was : Re: Prototype package for native/byte splitting)

On Tue, Nov 26, 2002 at 04:04:29PM +0100, Stefano Zacchiroli wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 26, 2002 at 03:53:32PM +0100, Sven Luther wrote:
> > Now, maybe it would have been nice to do this transition and the .cmi
> > dependency stuff at the same time, not sure though.
>
> You're right, but anyway the packages that need the versioned libraries
> dependencies are a strict subset of the packages that need rebuild due
> to ocaml standard library location change.

Ok, i will upload a libdir moved ocaml this evening or tomorrow.

That said, what about the (FREEZE) bug you were speaking about ? I am
currently building a plain upstream ocaml, and will thus see if the
problem comes from the debian package or not. If it is from the debian
package, i will try to look at the patches i added and rebuild the
package step by step to isolate (and fix) the problem.

Should i upload the libdir migrated package now or wait before i have
found the source of this (rather rare, i suppose) problem.