Re: update on the translation of the OCaml book

On Wed, Apr 10, 2002 at 10:39:35PM +0200, Xavier Leroy wrote:
> As a consequence of these events, I've revised my "one centralized
> server" opinion, and agree that some amount of mirrorring could help,
> even though it means we can no longer get an exact count of downloads.
> So, I'm now neutral w.r.t. having a Debian package with the
> pre-version of the translation.

Nice to hear this so, if none else have objections, I'm going to upload
the debian package named "ocaml-book-en" which contains the preliminary
versione of the english translation of the book,

To help your accounting I'm going to state in the README.Debian and in
the first page of the book that that is a draft version and that who
enjoy reading the book from the debian package should make me know (or
you?) in order to help translators collecting statistics about the
audience. I doubt that this really helps because programmers are usually
lazy, but surely it doesn't hurt.

I'm also going to redistribute the book under the same terms of the
french version (which I've already mailed here), but I still wait for
Xavier (O'Reilly) confirmation on this.

Thanks to all,

Stefano Zacchiroli - undergraduate student of CS @ Univ. Bologna, Italy
zack@cs.unibo.it | ICQ# 33538863 | http://www.cs.unibo.it/~zacchiro
"I know you believe you understood what you think I said, but I am not
sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant!" -- G.Romney