Re: english version of the o'reilly OCaml book

On Tue, Apr 02, 2002 at 03:30:58PM +0200, Sven wrote:
> A ok, so please ignore the other message i sent about it, i should have
> guessed you did already know aboutit, since we read the same mailing lists
> :)))

Ok ;)

> That said, maybe you should create a new package called ocaml-book-en and
> ocaml-book-fr or something such ?

Sure, I've already thought about add a new binary package ocaml-book
generated, along with ocaml-book-fr, from the source package ocaml-book.
I thought to avoid the "-en" at the end of the package name because is a
standard practice to have english "things" as a plain name and other
"things" qualified with a country identifier.
Anyway I accept suggestions ...

> What is the size of those packages anyway ?

Well the current ocaml-book-fr deb package is 1 Mb and occupies 5 Mb
when installed. The PDF version of the english translation is 2.8 Mb.

I am not sure on what to package as the english translation, the
available formats are PDF, HTML, and another one I don't remember,
probably a PostScript.
I'am thinking about packaging only the PDF version (if it is a PDF that
enables text selection) or the HTML version otherwise. Another advantae
of PDF is that is usually more compact because HTML version can't be
installed compressed.

Stefano Zacchiroli - undergraduate student of CS @ Univ. Bologna, Italy
zack@cs.unibo.it | ICQ# 33538863 | http://www.cs.unibo.it/~zacchiro
"I know you believe you understood what you think I said, but I am not
sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant!" -- G.Romney