Re: lablgtk 1.2.3 META file not up to date

Stefano Zacchiroli <zack@cs.unibo.it> writes:

> Hi Sven,
>   the META file distributed with lablgtk 1.2.3 is not up to date, the
> current one report these two lines:
>
>    archive(byte)="lablgtk.cma gtkInit.cmo"
>    archive(native)="lablgtk.cmxa gtkInit.cmx"
>
> The correct ones are instead:
>
>    archive(byte)="lablgtk.cma lablgnome.cma lablgtkgl.cma lablglade.cma gtkInit.cmo"
>    archive(native)="lablgtk.cmxa lablgnome.cmxa lablgtkgl.cmxa lablglade.cmxa gtkInit.cmx"
>
> Now that lablgtk 1.2.3 entered testing I think you can safely release a
> new version of the lablgtk package with this minor change.

My last response don't seem to show up there, and I've something to
add :

I think it would be better to make separate "findlib package" (as
opposed to debian package)

that is several directory  containing only information to the part
of the library you are interested in as :

directory /usr/lib/ocaml/lablgnome
containing only the META file :

requires="lablgtk"
version="1.2.3"
directory="^/lablgtk"
archive(byte)="lablgnome.cma"
archive(native)="lablgnome.cmxa"

directory /usr/lib/ocaml/lablgtkgl
containing only the META file :

requires="lablgtk"
version="1.2.3"
directory="^/lablgtk"
archive(byte)="lablgtkgl.cma"
archive(native)="lablgtkgl.cmxa"

directory /usr/lib/ocaml/lablglade
containing only the META file :

requires="lablgtk"
version="1.2.3"
directory="^/lablgtk"
archive(byte)="lablglade.cma"
archive(native)="lablglade.cmxa"

such that only by doing say #require "lablglade" in findlib augmented
toplevel you will have libglade and every thing you need but nothing
else.

But it's only an idea, not sure it's worth it.

--
Rémi Vanicat
vanicat@labri.u-bordeaux.fr