Re: lablgtkmathview, netstring, xstr, netclient, pxp, meta-ocaml

On Tue, Feb 26, 2002 at 11:32:25AM +0100, Stefano Zacchiroli wrote:
> I'm going to upload these packages.
>
> Meta-ocaml is now updated with the right dependencies; I've not included
> in it application developed in ocaml like unison or activedvi.
> BTW, is ocamltk supposed to be renamed to libtk-ocaml-dev or not? Why?

No, i will keep ocamltk as is for now, since the upstream ocamltk doesn't
support shared library build right now anyway, and adding it myself has proven
too fastidious (i tried 2 times). Anyway, it will be merged with labltk and
thus disappear, so ...

> These are the dependencies of ocaml-core and ocaml-libs, check them out
> to see if something is missing:
>
> ocaml-core depends on:
>   camlidl, camlidl-doc, camlp4, camlp4-doc, ledit, ocaml, ocaml-book-fr,
>   ocaml-doc, ocaml-findlib, ocaml-source, ocaml-tools, ocamlweb,
>   tuareg-mode
>
> ocaml-libs depends on:
>   libcamlimages-ocaml-dev, libcamlimages-ocaml-doc,
>   libconfigwin-ocaml-dev, liblablgl-ocaml-dev,
>   liblablgtkmathview-ocaml-dev, liblablgtk-ocaml-dev,
>   libmlgtk-ocaml-dev, libmlminidom-ocaml-dev, libnetclient-ocaml-dev,
>   libnetstring-ocaml-dev, libpxp-ocaml-dev, libshell-ocaml-dev,
>   libxlib-ocaml, libxstr-ocaml-dev, libzip-ocaml-dev, ocamltk, zoggy

Why not make 2 packages here, one with ocaml library packages and one with
ocaml developpment stuff ?

Or maybe a ocaml-shared-libs and ocaml-libs

or ocaml-libs and ocaml-devlibs, or somethign such ?

> I've kept netstring as it is (instead of packaging ocamlnet) because I
> had some troubles in packaging ocaml-pcre on which ocamlnet depends on.
> The reason is that ocaml-pcre embeds in its distribution a copy(!) of
> libpcre that in debian is distributed in libpcre3 package. Moreover
> libpcre and ocaml-pcre are really tightly coupled so I've to talk with
> Markus Mottl (the ocaml-pcre author) on the feasibility of split only
> the binding away before package it.
> I hope to talk with him next week, in the meantime we can safely
> continue in using netstring alone.

Good luck ...