Re: lablgtk: dllunix.so not found ?

On Mon, Feb 18, 2002 at 06:00:44PM +0200, Johann Spies wrote:
> Trying to run the lablgtk examples I got the following error which
> does not make sense to me:
>
> ------------------------
> bash-2.05a$ lablgtk tron.ml
> Fatal error: cannot load shared library dllunix
>
> Reason: dllunix.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or
> directory
>
> But:
>
> bash-2.05a$ ls -la `locate dllunix.so`
>
> -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 36336 Feb 12 13:09 /usr/lib/ocaml/dllunix.so
>
> I also ran ldconfig thinking that ocaml does not find the library, but
> that did not help.
>
> Is there some variable I have to set?

What is the content of /usr/lib/ocaml/ld.conf ?

I guess it does not include the lablgtk directory.

The easiest solution is to add the dir by hand (/usr/lib/ocaml/lablgtk).

The second solution is to install the ocaml 3.04-8 package i am preparing, and
run (as root) :

ocaml-ldconf -p lablgtk -a /usr/lib/ocaml/lablgtk

The third solution is to wait for my fixed lablgtk package which includes the
above call in its postinst.