Re: splitting ocaml-native-compilers

On Fri, Jan 18, 2002 at 07:46:00PM +0100, Ralf Treinen wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 18, 2002 at 10:55:06AM +0100, Sven wrote:
> >
> > No, for me the current solution is simpler, i just add the files to be moved
> > into ocaml-native-compilers, and copy the dh_movefiles line into debian/rules.
>
> But you will have to fill in by hand the list of architectures that have
> the opt compilers. Are you sure that you will always have this information for
> the 10-something architectures we have in debian?

Hello, ...

1) well yes, there is some handwork done, but it is only in the ocaml
package, and i am not afraid of doing my work right.

2) i put a variable during the makeopt.opt stage, which i only need to read
later on when the time comes, and depending on this variable, i use a substvar
for doing the work for me. Mostly, this is done by testing for ARCH=xxx in the
config/Makefile.

3) i need to add the arches by hand in the control file for the
ocaml-native-compilers anyway, but i guess there is no solution for this right
now.

I will go for the virtual package solution, so donùt worry...