Re: ocaml-tools depends on ocaml-3.01

Sven> as we are pretty sure that ocaml bytecode will surely not be
Sven> compatible with ocam l3.02.

Why not?  I have many libraries compiled with 2.99 that work fine with
3.00.  Just because 1 library (ocamldot) turns out to break, is it a
reason to force _all_ ocaml related packages to be upgraded
in lockstep:

Sven> ocaml (>=3.01), ocaml (<<3.02)

Like Georges, I don't like this.  We need the >= _for ocaml-tools_,
and that's it.  Not for other libraries unless they really break,
and nothing about 3.02 until it comes out and can be tested.

We can always add conflicts to the ocaml 3.02 package to force
uninstallation of the breaking libraries.

--
Ian Zimmerman, Oakland, California, U.S.A.
EngSoc adopts market economy: cheap is wasteful, efficient is expensive.