Re: coq package

On Thu, Mar 29, 2001 at 03:10:42PM +0200, Georges Mariano wrote:
> Hi again,
>
> Please, keep in mind that **I'm not** a Coq user, and I hope that the
> following is not a stupidity...
>
> Here it is :
>
> Seems to me that *.vo files are the compiled couterpart of *.v files
> (like *.el and *.elc for emacs)...
> Right ?
> So the question is :
> Looking at the Debian package, *.vo are compiled  at the building
> time, this makes the resulting package rather huge (8,6Mo).
> Is it possible to make these *.vo only at install time (like it is
> done with a few emacs related packages, if i remember well) ??

Well, The emacs thing is done because they may be various flavours of emacs
installed, and you have to compile for the one you really need.

But for coq this reason don't stands, because there is only one version of coq
available.

Also, i could say, let's just distribute source package, and have everyone
compile their stuff, since anyway, binaries are just the result of the
compilation of the source.