Re: splitting the ocaml package ???

On Thu, Mar 22, 2001 at 02:28:17PM +0100, Sven LUTHER wrote:
> But, as i see that there is a reason for the ocaml-runtime split, there is not
> so much interrest for this other packages, so i will most probably let it at
> that. I asked about it here, so that people may give me there opinion on this
> second batch of package splits.

OK, know I know more about the question :-)

I agree with the splitting of an rt package, thus the name "ocaml-run"
is better IMHO (or "ocamlrun" like the main executable).

I agree also with the splitting of the ocamlbrowser:
/usr/bin/ocamlbrowser is one of the three biggest file in the ocaml
packages (the other two are ocamlopt.opt and ocamlc.opt).
Following this way of splitting, may we remove x-related package from
ocaml dependencies ?

--
	- Zack -

Stefano Zacchiroli <zack@cs.unibo.it> ICQ# 33538863
Home Page: http://www.students.cs.unibo.it/~zacchiro
Undergraduate Student of Computer Science at University of Bologna, Italy
SysAdm of verdicchio.students.cs.unibo.it (130.136.3.134)
	"Information wants to be Open"