Re: splitting the ocaml package ???

On Fri, Mar 23, 2001 at 11:24:26AM +0100, Georges Mariano wrote:
> Sven LUTHER wrote:
>

> > but i don't know if it is trully worth it, apart maybe for the toplevel.
> >
> > What do you all think of it ?
>
> Well, I don't have any precise idea about this "tuning" except the
> following criteria
> 	- stuff which depends on X
> 	- and stuff which do not depend on X
>
> (so,
> I think that the "essential" part of the package 'ocaml' do not have to
> depend on X [if possible]...
> Same note about 'coq' package which seems to depend on X, [trying to
> install the package this morning leads to a long list of upgrade including
> X stuff !!]
> is this really necessary ??
> )

Well, the main problem here, apart from labltk naturally, is the graphics
module. I can split it away, but since it is part of the main ocaml
distribution, most people will expect it to be there.

Maybe a ocmal-x or something such package will do it ?

That said, we would then need 1 or more ocaml task package, which will install
all of it, or even have a ocaml-complete (or even the plain ocaml) package
which will wrap all of it ...