Re: findlib-0.5-test1

On Fri, 02 Mar 2001, Stefano Zacchiroli wrote:
>On Tue, Feb 27, 2001 at 09:39:24AM +0100, Stefano Zacchiroli wrote:
>> Well, I look at this source tomorrow ... and I feedback to you the
>> first opinions.
>
>I've built the first debian package of ocaml findlib, you can find both
>the binary (for i386 architecture) and source packages at my home page
>in the debian subdir:
>http://caristudenti.cs.unibo.it/~zacchiro/debian
>
>Some notes:
>1) the option -config of the configure script is not documented
Sorry.

>2) i've to modify the makefile adding prefix to all installation target
>because there is not a variable that set the base directory for the
>install target (may be I don't see it ?)
Up to now, there wasn't a need for prefixes. I understand that it is useful
for packaging, so I can include it into my distribution.

>3) i try to install a package with debianized findlib (I try the "dl"
>package from www.ocaml-programming.de). I try to install the package in
>the home of an user and all works well, but I can't do "ocamlfind query"
>on this package cause I can't find which environment variable or cmd
>line par telling ocamlfind to look in the user dir ... really I did not
>search seriously ... :)
export OCAMLPATH=~/dir

I forgot to install the man page for ocamlfind.conf containing a summary
of the environment variables. It is only in the HTML version.

The next test version of findlib still needs some work, but I think it will be
done in the next days.

Gerd
Gerd Stolpmann      Telefon: +49 6151 997705 (privat)
Viktoriastr. 100
64293 Darmstadt     EMail:   gerd@gerd-stolpmann.de
Germany