Re: new packages uploaded ... + zack's report

On Fri, Dec 21, 2001 at 02:54:19PM +0100, Sven wrote:
> Also, all library packages providing dlls in a separate (sub)dir should
> register this directory with /usr/lib/ocaml/ld.conf. I have done this in a
> postinst/prerm as follows :
>
> postinst :
>
>     echo "/usr/lib/ocaml/lablgl" >>/usr/lib/ocaml/ld.conf
>
> prerm :
>
>         grep -v "/usr/lib/ocaml/lablgl" /usr/lib/ocaml/ld.conf  \
>                 >/usr/lib/ocaml/ld.conf.debian
>         mv /usr/lib/ocaml/ld.conf.debian /usr/lib/ocaml/ld.conf

This solve a bug that I haven't yet reported, well.

> Which again, may not be the nicest of solution, but does the job.

We may think about (or at least add to a phantomatic todo list) writing
a dh_ocaml or a similar helper that do things like that and may also
calculate ocaml dependencies on the fly.

Currently packages of mine are in the following status:
- ocamlfind -->> uploaded version 0.6.2 (compatible with ocaml 3.04)
- pxp -->> still working on version 1.1.3, I have some incompatibilites
  with netstring that I'm trying to solve with Gerd
- netclient -->> still working on version 0.3-Ocaml3.04, same
  incompatibilites as above
- shell -->> still working on version 0.2.1, the problems probably is
  solved with ocaml 3.04-2 (related to the bug as above)

I'm not sure that netstring related problem are solvable without
packaging OcamlNET (that include new version of netstring).

Stefano "Zack" Zacchiroli <zack@cs.unibo.it> ICQ# 33538863
Home Page: http://www.cs.unibo.it/~zacchiro
Undergraduate student of Computer Science @ University of Bologna, Italy
                 - Information wants to be Open -