Re: task packages ???

My point of view of the task problem:
- We *have not to* make the task, in the tasksel meaning, related to
  OCaml. Tasksel is thinked about first installation and we really don't
  need ocaml task for users at first installation, anyway no matter how
  the 10% statistic is performed: we can't reach it.
- We *have to* make the meta packages, _that are still used_ (e.g. kde),
  because this are more usefull.
  I really don't need a task package because I, like almost all debian
  user, don't use tasksel: I use dselect. Thus I really need a meta
  package if I want to install all ocaml related packages, so that I can
  select it and automagically all depends package are showed up.
- I can do the two meta packages and I think, that the right choice is
  the last one I showed, i.e.

  task-ocaml (Depends: ocaml, ocaml-doc, ocaml-tools, ledit, camlp4,
  camlp4-doc, ocaml-findlib, camlidl, camlidl-doc, ocamlweb,
  tuareg-mode)

  task-ocaml-libraries (Depends: camlzip, ocaml-netclient,
  ocaml-netstring, ocaml-pxp, ocaml-shell, ocaml-xstr, ocamltk, lablgl,
  lablgtk, lablgtkmathview, mlminidom, libxlib-ocaml)

  Anyway I'm open to other opinion but: if we make two meta package we
  can remove one of the twos and change dependencies of the other, if we
  make only one meta package we can't add later the other one.

  Is this a valid reason on which we (all) can agree?

Stefano "Zack" Zacchiroli <zack@cs.unibo.it> ICQ# 33538863
Home Page: http://www.cs.unibo.it/~zacchiro
Undergraduate student of Computer Science @ University of Bologna, Italy
                 - Information wants to be Open -