Re: lablgtk-examples: bugs

On Thu, Nov 08, 2001 at 01:38:20PM +0200, Johann Spies wrote:
> In /usr/share/doc/lablgtk/README.gz:
>

> ------------------------------------
> 	You should normally not need to modify Makefiles.
> 	First type "make configure <options>".
> 	Options are
> 		USE_CC=1	to use $(CC) rather than gcc
> 		USE_GL=1	to compile with OpenGL support (see lower)
> 		USE_GNOME=1	to compile GtkXmHTML support (requires gnome)
>                 USE_GLADE=1     to compile libglade support (preliminary)
>         The following variables will also be remembered if passed as options
>                 CAMLC CAMLOPT CC BINDIR INSTALLDIR
>         or you may directly edit config.make.
>
> 	Then just type "make" to build the library and toplevels.
>
> So I tried:
> -----------------------------------
> cd /usr/share/doc/lablgtk/applications/radtest/
>
> bash-2.05$ make configure
> Makefile:15: ../../config.make: No such file or directory
> make: *** No rule to make target `../../config.make'.  Stop.
> bash-2.05$
> -----------------------------------
> In fact there is no config.make in the Debian lablgtk package.
>
> As I am a beginner in ocaml, it is a bit difficult to debug such
> this.

Sorry, iu don't believe the radtest is a working example, more a todo example.

You may have more sucess in contacting Jacques about it in the lablgtk mailing
list i think, maybe he has a working version in cvs or somnething such.

Also, i don't think my latest packages ships it, not sure though, since there
may be licence issues with these examples.

Finalle, /usr/share/doc/lablgtk/applications/radtest/ is supposed to be root
owned and not writeable, you should not try to buiold stuff there.

Friendlym