Re: camlimages

On Wed, Nov 07, 2001 at 10:54:41PM +0100, Stefano Zacchiroli wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 07, 2001 at 07:17:34PM +0100, Sven wrote:
> > If nothing else, consider it as a good test case for ocaml on the various
> > debian arches, especially, it is the only program which trully tests ocamltk,
> > which i maintain.
>
> I think that this isn't a sufficient reason to build up a debian
> package, consider only the effort required to built the package on all
> architecture, space required on ftps, and so on.

Sure, ...

Better reason may be (or not)

1) Back then, there were users, but i had not the time for it.

2) Some people still use mmm, at least for benchmarking purpose, as can be
seen by the mail on the ocamllist about array optimization.

3) Some people use it for testing _pure_ html documents or something such, or
for a image less browser.

4) It can give examples of what can be done with ocaml, or maybe the source
code can be educative.

5) Pierre and Jun did make the effort to port it to newer ocaml versions,
there may be a reason for that that may also apply here.

6) It strengtens the debian-ocamler position with the ocaml team.

7) don't remember ...

8) Debian ships less usefull and bigger packages also, i think.

9) The testing purpose is a good one, i think, we have not many apps in
debian, the autobuilders find bugs when building packages, and that is
important i think.