Re: first use of ocaml-findlib

Sven LUTHER wrote:

> > Since it is a rather technical (and very long!) thread, this leads  to
> > the "idea" (more exactly "the need") of a findlib policy.
>
> As well as a policy for other kind of things regarding debian & ocaml, which
> may be included in the debian-doc package ?

> And it could be part on a howto package ocaml stuff for debian document.

I agree with the idea of a Ocaml/Debian Policy (and if fact this is
part of the TODO section on the page since ... the beginning !)
http://www3.inrets.fr/estas/mariano/OCamlDebian/html/ocaml-debian008.html
(note : this [new] url *should* work, if you have any problem, let me
know...)

but... it seems to me that OCaml/Debain packaging is not particularly
difficult (just time consuming ;-) so I don't see clearly what is to
be written in it (except the case of using findlib...)

By the way, note that the url given above acts like a kind of memo
where I note things that may be interesting to keep in mind...
It may be usefull for others too, if they want to share some
notes/ideas/...

Considering the ocaml-extra-libs package, the first task is to decide
what we have to put inside of the package...
One way to proceed is to make a list of candidate libraries and (in
some sense) to vote by indicating in front of each if it is usefull,
small, free and so on...
I will keep such information in a table
http://www3.inrets.fr/estas/mariano/OCamlDebian/html/ocaml-debian008.html

[OT]
There is a "what's new" section at the beginning of the <<site>>, ...
I'm facing some problem when recompiling libxlib-ocaml
File "dyneval.ml", line 12, characters 0-11:
Unbound module Config
make[2]: *** [dyneval.cmo] Erreur 2
make[2]: Quitte le répertoire `/sphinx2/debs/efuns-0.17.0.3/dynlink'
make[1]: *** [dynlink.byte] Erreur 2
make[1]: Quitte le répertoire `/sphinx2/debs/efuns-0.17.0.3'

ocaml-3.01 is (smoothly) installed ...
So what ???
--
# Georges MARIANO                 tel: (33) 03 20 43 84 06
# INRETS, 20 rue Élisée Reclus    fax: (33) 03 20 43 83 59