Re: first use of ocaml-findlib

On Mon, Apr 02, 2001 at 12:26:59PM +0200, Georges Mariano wrote:
> Sven LUTHER wrote:
>
> > or ocaml-extra-libs or something like that ?
>
> yes, I like "ocaml-extra-libs" ...

:)))

> > If you would have followed our earlier discution on this, iyou would know that
> > this was the plan.
>
> If you would have read one of my last (personal) mails sent to you,
> you would know that I precisely *was not able* to follow the
> "packaging findlib" thread ;-)

Yes, i know, maybe bad wording from my part, or lack of trailing smiley,
anyway, it was just a very short resume of the discution about this.

(BTW, i have a full debian-ocaml-maint archive if you want to reread it, and
there is anyway the archive on the debian mail archives ...)

> Since it is a rather technical (and very long!) thread, this leads  to
> the "idea" (more exactly "the need") of a findlib policy.

As well as a policy for other kind of things regarding debian & ocaml, which
may be included in the debian-doc package ?

> > Is someone actually writing it ?
> Well, I asked Stefano to do so (since he's probably the best writer we
> can find for this) but he replies that there are some details to fix
> before...
> So, we'll have to wait a little bit more...

There is no hurry, best to have it out before the freeze though.

> As Stefano proposed (and I agree with him) this policy will not be a
> "findlib tutorial" but "how-to-use-findlib when packaging for
> Debian"...

Yes, good idea, ...

And it could be part on a howto package ocaml stuff for debian document.