Re: first use of ocaml-findlib

> I'm trying to use ocaml-findlib to build the first package against
> findlib: I'm trying to package netstring from www.ocaml-programming.de.
> How we want to build these ocamlmodules ?

A suggestion/note, which may be related to the use of findlib...
Looking around for ocaml stuff, I found that there is lot of small libraries
(may be netstring is small, I don't know ...). Examples in my mind (but may
be not illustrative (or obsolete)) 'int32' , 'numerix', and things like
these...

Question : What about a package named 'ocaml-libutils' merging such stuff ?
i.e : is it preferable to have one "reasonable" package than a lot of small
packages (which are very easy to build...) ??

what will be the relationship between 'findlib' and these (packaged)
libraries (which are now provided independly from findlib) ?

May be a question for Gerd and those who may be able to write the findlib
policy:
will it be possible to install things like pxp *without* findlib ??
in other words, will findlib be "optional" for all the ocaml-debian related
packages ??

(Yes, may be I have just to wait the policy... and read it ;-)