Re: first use of ocaml-findlib

On Sat, Mar 31, 2001 at 11:40:14AM +0200, Stefano Zacchiroli wrote:
> I'm trying to use ocaml-findlib to build the first package against
> findlib: I'm trying to package netstring from www.ocaml-programming.de.
> How we want to build these ocamlmodules ?
>
> Have we to name them library ?

just name it netstring, if the name is not taken, or maybe ocaml-netstring.

> Do we need separated header package ?

huh ?

> Does the package class matter (single-binary, multi-binary, library) ?

I think just using single-binary has worked best for ocaml stuff.
multi-binaries could be ok if you plan to split of the docs or something such.

Also, don't forget to build both the bytecode and nativecode for libraries and
such, since you don't know what the user will need.

altough i am not in favor of it, i understand that you may want to build the
native code version if available for tools, for libraries we definitevely want
to package both versions. If someone don't agree, i would like to know the
reasons for this.