Re: splitting the ocaml package ???

Sven> the xlibs package is the client (in the X sense of it) stuff
Sven> that your programs have to link against. These will have to run
Sven> on your server (in the non-X sense) box. You will then run the X
Sven> server on your client box, and run (on the server) the program
Sven> linked with the X libraries which will be displayed on the
Sven> client box running the X server.

Sven> But then you may be speaking about a net server or something
Sven> different than the traditional unix server. In this case it may
Sven> be possible to not need the Xlibs. But then you will never
Sven> attach a X terminal to them or something such, even for server
Sven> management stuff.

Since Emacs depends on xlibs (currently, I heard a proposal n
debian-emacsen to change this), any box I ever login to has xlibs
(server or not) :-)

--
Ian Zimmerman, Oakland, California, U.S.A.
EngSoc adopts market economy: cheap is wasteful, efficient is expensive.