Re: compiling ocaml stuff (... gwml, efuns)

On Wed, Mar 14, 2001 at 01:39:10PM +0100, Georges Mariano wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> I'm trying to compile ocaml stuff, starting from the ocaml new package,
> and apt-getting sources from ftp.de.debian.org
>
> <<Reaching>> gwml and efuns, I get :
>
> File "dyneval.ml", line 12, characters 0-11:
> Unbound module Config
> make[2]: *** [dyneval.cmo] Erreur 2
> make[2]: Quitte le r?pertoire
> `/sphinx2/sources-debian/efuns-0.17.0.3/dynlink'
>
> Just asking if this is related to the new Ocaml 3.01  or if it may be a
> missing build dependancy ??

I have not tried building GwML under Ocaml 3.01 yet.  One problem with both
GwML and Efuns is that they require the source tree for OCaml to build, which
means I actually packaged them improperly (there is no way to declare a
dependency on the source of another package).

I e-mailed with Fabrice LeFessant (the upstream author) a bit to see if
it could be resolved using some of the newer features of OCaml (versus the
original version that GwML and Efuns were built against), but his lack
of time did not give us much opportunity to explore this (yet).

Hopefully we he has completed his dissertation...:-)

-Brent