Re: compiling ocaml stuff (... gwml, efuns)

On Wed, Mar 14, 2001 at 01:39:10PM +0100, Georges Mariano wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> I'm trying to compile ocaml stuff, starting from the ocaml new package,
> and apt-getting sources from ftp.de.debian.org
>
> <<Reaching>> gwml and efuns, I get :
>
> File "dyneval.ml", line 12, characters 0-11:
> Unbound module Config
> make[2]: *** [dyneval.cmo] Erreur 2
> make[2]: Quitte le répertoire
> `/sphinx2/sources-debian/efuns-0.17.0.3/dynlink'
>
> Just asking if this is related to the new Ocaml 3.01  or if it may be a
> missing build dependancy ??

Lot of package had to get a new release for 3.01, ocaml has never been known
for binary compatibility between versions, and sometime source compatibility
is also lost.

That said, i still haven't uploaded the mlgtk/lablgtk/lablgl packages that
will work with 3.01, don't know if this will make a change for you.

Also, i think future package should have a dependency on the ocaml package
they where compiled with, something like :

Depends: ocaml (>3.01), ocaml (<3.02)

or something such, will have tocheck the exact syntax.

Friendl,y