Re: tuareg et/ou ocaml-dev ?

Ralf> if such things do not really need to build a specific package
Ralf> for them (what about tuareg "providing" (Debian parlance) some
Ralf> thing like "ocaml-mode" (also in [but not "provided" the
Ralf> standard package ocaml (it already contains an emacs mode if I
Ralf> remember well...)  and
Ralf>
Ralf> a diversion is called for here, maybe, if both modes cannot be
Ralf> used simoultanously. I don't know the mechanism for it though.

Ralf> Why shouldn't it be possible to install both on a system, and
Ralf> let every user decide which mode he wants to use?

Er, _alternatives_, not diversions, is the proper mechanism for this.
I am not a Debian maintainer (yet), but I seem to know a bit more
about the system than some official maintainers :(

And, being a major contributor to the original ocaml Emacs mode, I
naturally continue to use it and would be somewhat unpleasantly
surprised if installation of some unrelated utilities suddenly caused
tuareg to be used instead.  Whatever solution you choose please avoid
that trap.

--
Ian Zimmerman, Oakland, California, U.S.A.
EngSoc adopts market economy: cheap is wasteful, efficient is expensive.