Re: Packages for gtkmathview and minidom

On Thu, Jan 25, 2001 at 10:58:58AM +0100, Claudio Sacerdoti Coen wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 25, 2001 at 10:26:20 +0100, Sven LUTHER wrote:
> > Ok, will look (next week) but could you recall use the web pages and other
> > such stuff ?
>
>  Sorry. Here it is:
>
>  http://www.cs.unibo.it/~asperti/HELM/mml-widget/index.html
>
>  By the way, a member of my team is also becoming a debian
>  maintainer but, as you know, this requires time. Then
>  we will be glad to maintain these packages ourselves.

Then the best solution would be for him to apply for debian maintainership, or
more precicely to ask for a sponsor on the debian sponsor page
(http://www.internatif.org/bortzmeyer/debian/sponsor/) and then writing again.

Then me, or someone else can sponsor him, give advice and other such stuff,
and then upload his packages when they are ready.

What do you think about it ?

>  If you are going to have a look next week, I hope you will
>  find also the .tar.gz of the new release (1.0) on-line, instead
>  that using CVS.

Yes, this will be better i think, as it is prefereable to use released
upstream source for making debian packages out of them. (well at least vor the
version numbering scheme ...