Re: dbm library in OCaml-2.04-6

Sven LUTHER wrote:

> > and that it is probably better to link /usr/lib/include/db1/ndbm.h
> > to /usr/lib/include/ndbm.h...
> > (this is what I've done... of course every things works after that...)
>
> Well this is not ok, since it breaks debian way of handling stuff.
of course, but anyway, I wanted to have a working "configure"
process without modifying upstream sources...

> Yes, modification of the configure script is needed, because at build time,
> the package get configured. i will fix this, and forward the fix upstream.

seems that it is already fixed
http://caml.inria.fr/bin/caml-bugs/fixed?id=67;expression=ndbm;user=guest
> BTW, 2.99 is packaged in woody as ocaml3 package, which is (for now)
> incompatible with ocaml (2.04).

do you mean that <<compiling with ocaml 2.04>> is not
compatible with <<compiling with ocaml 2.99>> ??

This is what I suspect since lots of ocaml stuff didn't compile
 with ocaml2.99 (3?) (but compilations were successfull
with ocaml 2.04!!) :-(

By the way, how can we achieve having an ocaml "distribution"
for potato *and* woody...
For now, I think that it is dangerous to switch from
potato to woody (at least potato is not yet released...)