Re: Greetings!

Sven LUTHER wrote:

> That said, Georges mariano is directing a TER about the difference between the
> different ocaml GUI possibilities, how did this work out Georges ?
Well, I was puzzled by the fact that there is two possibilities to
interface ocaml code with Tk (namely labltk and ocamltk)
[same question for gtk...
Sven is right, it's is always preferable to keep the choice alive ...]

We begin to use lablgtk, and it is easy to use (if you have (a little)
experience with Tk "philosophy", and it is my case...:-)
Labltk is also a very good example for an effective use of labels
and optional arguments (Ocaml3.00). I think this is the only way
to have a very nice GUI code... First tests were very successful ;-)

BUT... I think that in the middle term, it would be preferable
to improve ocaml/gtk bindings... To speak briefly,
camltk is looking to the past, labl*GTK* (or mlgtk) is looking to the futur...
(of course, gtk programming is more complex... :-(

Conclusion : It is judicious to encapsulate GUI specific code in
	specific modules and to write ocaml code in a way that
	delay the choice of the final GUI library...
	Yes I know, it's easy to say.......................

> Also as notice, i have been developping a c2caml tool to produce automatic
> ocaml bindings for C library from the .h headers, that i wanted to use to
> automatically generate such bin=dings for forthcomming gtk+ versions, but have
> no time to work on it :(((. It already parses gtk/glib headers correctly,
> though.
Can you describe the remainig work ? Which part is effectively working ??
What kind of effort would be necessary to reach the end of this task ??

My notice :
I try to list Ocaml stuff to be packaged and Ocaml Debian packages here :
http://www3.inrets.fr/Public/ESTAS/Mariano.Georges/MyWeb/MyDebian/index.html