Re: Greetings!

Hi,

On Wed, Jun 07, 2000 at 05:02:01PM -0700, Brent Fulgham wrote:
> I wanted to package up something that would be reasonably useful,
> and since I didn't see these already in the archive I thought I'd
> make a preliminary ITP here and see if anyone else is working
> on them:
>
> lablgtk  -- GTK interface for OCaml
> mlgtk    -- GTK interface for OCaml (alternative)
> GeneWeb  -- A geneology package written in OCaml.
> efuns    -- An emacs-clone written in OCaml
>
> Do any of these sound worthwhile to any of you?

I think it would be great to have a GeneWeb package.

Efuns is a cool hack, but I'm not sure it will interest a lot of
people.

Libraries are not so important, because programmer are used to compile
things themselves.  But if you feel ready to maintain a lot of Caml
packages, go ahead!

Note that there are also some cool libraries available there:
   http://www.npc.de/ocaml/linkdb/
For instance:
- PCRE: Perl Compatibility Regular Expressions for OCaml
- markup : Validating XML parser
- OCamlODBC : ODBC interface for OCaml programs
- netclient : Client for HTTP/1.1 protocol

-- Jérôme