Re: what debian-np *should* do

> could one possible approach be to create a set of packages for
> tasksel?  The task-based installation makes a lot of sense to a lot of
> the people that I've introduced to Debian.  Might a "non-profit
> server" or "non-profit desktop" option be a viable option?

indeed.  probably would want more than 2 profiles, though i'm guessing
no more than 5.

> If this isn't appropriate for a core Debian tasksel, could Debian-NP
> use its own installer with its own tasksel selections?

absolutely.

through use of tasksel and/or metapackages, we could largely accomplish
this.  i think this was basically the direction we were headed during
debconf.  it's really out of date, but we came up with a CD image:

http://debian-np.alioth.debian.org/beta/debian-np_20040612.iso

it would be great to create an updated CD image, and flesh out more
specificly which packages we want to include in which profiles...

this may be turning into a conversation more appropriate for the
development list: