Re: backports vs. testing

I agree w/ Vagrant, I have tried to use testing many times and something
always end's up breaking when I do a wholesale apt-get install &&
upgrade.  For a production server I wouldn't consider using anything
but Woody, since you can get security updates via apt-get without fear
that something is going to break.  Now I am using the Debian-np live
disk with only a few changes as my primary desktop.  When I first
installed it I immediately did the install && upgrade thing and gdm
gave me error messages when I tried to login again. I should probably
submit a bug report soon before the debian np hack session in Brazil
right? Anyway I still have the broken install, and I made another
partition and installed the OS again, I installed kmail firefox and
a few other things and it is working fine.

I am assuming now is a good time in general to send bugs reports and
idea's in? What is the best way for people, who are not able to attend
Debconf, to contribute to the project? Will there be any scheduled IRC
meetings?

John

--
John Billings - Free Software/Open Source Advocate