Re: Debian exists in Spanish?

Quoting Ben Armstrong <synrg@sanctuary.nslug.ns.ca>:

> Before investing much effort in this, please be aware that debian-custom
> is working towards a native Debian solution to this problem.  If you can
> wait a bit for production quality tools to be developed, it ought to be
> easier to master a debian-custom CD which includes Spanish support
> natively than to base it on a derivative like Morphix.  See Fabian Franz
> (of Knoppix) discussing progress in this area on debian-custom today

Morphix is working on the same goal (autobuilding modules/livecds from scratch
from debian), with a few tools that are already quite a bit further developed
than the example Fabian posted. Philip Stadermann has been reviewing the
alternatives and we're hoping to reach a consensus which one to further during
the course of debconf (automatic/unattendend building, multiple debian
repositories, single xml/template files):

http://am.xs4all.nl/phpwiki/index.php/ModuleMaker
http://am.xs4all.nl/phpwiki/index.php/IntelliBuild

(with links to related projects)

cheers,

Alex

| Alex de Landgraaf            | The cure for boredom is curiosity |
| Student AI & CS, VU, A'dam   |  There is no cure for curiosity   |
| Phone: 06-16844084           |                                   |
| GPG: http://am.xs4all.nl/key_alex.asc         /'-'\              |
| www.alextreme.org & www.morphix.org          ( o o )             |