Re: What's up?

Hi Chris,

I've been lurking here to see what's going on. I like what you've done with
InfoCentral. I have been looking for awhile for such a program that is built on
free tools. Is there anyway it can be included on the liveCD so that nonprofits
get an idea of how it works? or I suppose they could use the online demo. I
recently found out that there seems to be a java/firebird donations solution:
http://visibleresults.sourceforge.net but, as you say, there are licensing problems.

I have also been lurking around on the ebase developers list. The developers are
looking into similar questions about being database agnostic as they move their
popular donations and member tracking software from FilemakerPro:
http://ebaseenterprise.sourceforge.net/ I they have considered Drupal, OpenACS,
Plone, PHP-Nuke, and EZ Publish. It's not the same as a church donations/member
program but I think there is quite a bit of overlap. Thanks for the good work!

--
Herb van den Dool