Re: Debian NP on a italian magazine

Welcome to Debian Linux!

A few things I wasted a fair bit of time learing:
1) The Debian Reference manual is probably your best in-depth
documentation.  The Apt-Howto is a must read as well.
2) Aptitude is a great package manager.  Try it out.
3) Download and burn a copy of Knoppix and boot it up before a new
installation (especially on an older machine) to identify hardware and
show you what modules you will need.  For instance, to help you the X
Window configuration, you can boot up Knoppix and copy the X Windows
configuration file it auto-generates (/etc/X11/XF86Config-4 ) to your new
installation and it'll probably just work  Knoppix is also great as a
Linux demo and rescue CD.