Re: IRC Meeting Summary/Log and some other things

> > My vision is as the following: the NPO has already one or more PC
> > (likely with
> > windows), it adds our Debian-NP server to the local network and start
> > to get
> > used to having a penguin in the office... in due time it can switch
> > also the
> > desktops...
>
> Is anyone considering the common model for small non-profits where many
> of the information workers are volunteers using their own computer
> equipment?  (Treasurer being a very common instance.)
>
> In this case there's a real problem when -- every few years -- the
> person occupying a position changes and it's necessary to move data and
> find a compatible application on a different volunteer's system.  To
> help this kind of organization, is it possible to specify a set of
> applications that can exist on an NPO-controlled Linux server, but may
> be accessed from any browser.  It would be nice to sell these people on
> the advantages of the organization taking ownership of its own data.

Good point... from my point of view all the major applications should have  a
web interface and be installed only on the server. This way, even if the NPO got
a Mac or whatever, they can continue to use their applications, provided that
the client PCs have a decent browser.

For command-line interfaces it's possible to use putty (for example).

Bya

Gianluca