Re: Morphix

On Thursday 31 July 2003 07:15 am, gianlucanigro@inwind.it wrote:
> I imagine a web front-end helping users build their custom ISO images and
> letting them download the final ISO ready-to-burn perfectly suited to their
> needs.

I see things a bit differently.  I think a common thread in these kinds of
organizations is a lack of thorough technical knowledge.  I think that, e.g.
the typical Red Hat installation process is daunting to somebody who already
has a love/hate relationship with computers.

Therefore, I think ease of use is of the utmost importance.  At the very
worst, it should be as easy/difficult to install as Microsoft Windows.  But
with technology like Knoppix and SLP out there, I think things could be much
more simple still.

--
Jason Smith
Open Enterprise Systems