Re: Jussi Pakkanen: Declaration of intent to become a DM+account

Jussi Pakkanen <jpakkane@gmail.com> wrote on 23/03/2023 at 15:48:12+0100:

> On Thu, 23 Mar 2023 at 16:25, Pierre-Elliott Bécue <peb@debian.org> wrote:
>
>> Access to porter boxes to non Debian Members are given because there's a
>> need, not in anticipation of a potential future need.
>>
>> Do you currently *need* acces to a porter box?
>
> At the time this request was filed, yes. The bug referenced above
> (1032168) only occurred on s390x during a package build.
>
> At this moment, I don't need it, because I was graciously given
> temporary access to a similar machine by Paul Gevers and I could debug
> the issue.
>
> Historically these sorts of issues have occurred maybe once per year.
> I understand if this is too rare to provide access so you can close
> this as not needing to be fixed but OTOH waiting several weeks to get
> access rights when issues do occur is not very convenient either.

I admit 10 days for a guest account process between your submission and
our reply is a bit long.

But it's not really several weeks, and in general it's quite common that
the delay is less than a week.

I am happy anyway to submit a query for a guest account for s390x and
aarch64 even though you solved your previous issue, in case you meet
more issue with your work in the upcoming weeks. But do mind that you'll
only get a one month access only to these arches, that you'll need to
ask extensions if you have a need for it, and other hosts access on the
basis of your issues.

The pro for you will be that you will fall under the two last paragraphs
of [0], which mean that you'll be able to just send RT tickets to get
extensions or new hosts access, which will reduce further the delays
(only the first guest account request requires a NM process).

Regards,
--
PEB

[0] https://dsa.debian.org/doc/guest-account/