Re: Mark Hindley: Declaration of intent to become a DD, upl.

Mattia,

Thanks for this.

On Mon, Feb 01, 2021 at 02:30:47PM +0100, Mattia Rizzolo wrote:
> You are explicitly talking about "uploading your work", and also looking
> at your DDPO (I didn't look any deeper) you don't seem to be active in
> any other package (e.g. team uploads, QA uploads, NMUs, ..).
>
> As such, I wonder why you are applying for DD instead of DM.
> Your application also doesn't state any other kind of work besides
> packaging, so I wonder if DD was really what you were planning to apply
> for and why.

The main impetus to apply for DD directly has come from my advocates and also a
number of other DDs that I have recently worked closely with who have suggested
it was the appropriate route to follow.

Beyond the package maintenance that you have already found on DDPO, I have also
started to contribute to the xfce team packaging and have worked on resolving
some infrastructure issues with britney.

I am keen to be able to contribute to Debian more broadly and to become a full
member of the community.

Mark
--
Mark Hindley
GPG: 506C 15A4 2B0A F5A0 A854  23EE D28A 45BF 3287 D649