Re: Jerome Charaoui: Declaration of intent

On Wed, Aug 09, 2017 at 02:26:25PM -0700, Sean Whitton wrote:
> > [...] I'm also very much convinced that he has the technical skills
> > and knowledge to be ready to start the DD process right now.
> This isn't the same as being convinced that he should have unsupervised,
> unrestricted upload rights *right now*, which is what is required to
> *start* the process.

well, I wrote:

---quote---
;tl;dr: I support Jerome Charaoui <jerome@riseup.net>'s request to become
        Debian Developer, uploading, right now, after he had at least a
        week rest 8-)
---quote---

But if you think this is better, I also mean this:

I support Jerome Charaoui <jerome@riseup.net>'s request to become
Debian Developer, uploading, right now, today.

I also think that the "recently" (3 years or so?) introduced change in the
NM process to require that an AM is ready when he starts the NM process, is
at least confusing.

But as those are the rules made by those who set them, I won't argue them. I
also (still) think that Jerome is ready according to those. He's a sensible
person, so he will sensibly maintain his packages and not f*ck up the archive :)

I guess it's still not formally correct yet though, as someone will still need
to advocate him via the web UI… happy to do so after my last talk here.

--
cheers,
	Holger