Re: Jerome Charaoui: Declaration of intent

On Wed, Aug 09, 2017 at 02:53:51AM -0000, Jerome Charaoui wrote:
> I would like to apply to change my status in Debian to Debian Developer, uploading.
>
> I have been maintaining the powerline package since 2014, and would like in the near future to adopt a handful more packages.

According to my UDD query [1], there are only 15 uploads with his name
in Changed-By, touching only 4 packages in total (and most of them are
of the single package "powerline").

> I have also been involved in organizing DebConf17 as a local team member, and plan to continue helping make future DebConfs successful.

Whilst I can see how contributing in the DebConf orga is a huge
contribution to our community, I question your technical abilities.  Of
the two advocacies, one said nothing about technical aspects, and the
other is a generic "he is a DM => he has the needed background";
besides, neither of them sponsored his uploads.

Having upload rights to the Debian archives means you will then be able
to upload everything, and whilst I don't expect everybody to be able to
understand everything, I do expect all DDs to have enough knowledge and
abilities to be able to "find their way" in most packages, ability that
I do not believe you have publicly proved.

I'm more than happy to be proved wrong.

[1] select source, version, nmu, signed_by from upload_history where
    changed_by_email = 'jerome@riseup.net'
--
regards,
                        Mattia Rizzolo