Re: Cannot access public Debian porter machines

On Tue, Jul 25, 2017 at 03:57:05PM +0000, أحمد المحمودي wrote:
> Thanks
>
> Yes, I did request access to an alpha ir sparc porter box several
> years ago. Yesterday, when I attempted to request access to an amd64
> porter box via the URL you mentioned, and followed the link to create
> a guest account for DMs, I got a reply that I already have a guest
> account and I should be able to access porter boxes. Anyways, I filed
> a RT ticket today. Is there anything else I should do ?

The NM system can only see that you have an account in LDAP; it does not
know what the status of it actually is. Filing a ticket with DSA to find
out the situation is the correct course of action.

> On July 25, 2017 10:47:39 AM EET, Jonathan McDowell <noodles@earth.li> wrote:
> >On Tue, Jul 25, 2017 at 09:40:41AM +0100, Jonathan McDowell wrote:
> >> Your guest account predates the current nm.debian.org infrastructure,
> >so
> >> I can't find details of your request for access, but these days DSA
> >> generally limited guest account access to a specific set of machines
> >for
> >> a limited time period. Are you sure you should have access to
> >barriere?
> >> It does not have any SSH key for you installed on it.
> >>
> >> I would suggest your query is best directed towards DSA.
> >
> >In fact, if LDAP is to be believed:
> >
> >dn: uid=aelmahmoudy,ou=users,dc=debian,dc=org
> >shadowExpire: 15027
> >shadowLastChange: 14885
> >
> >You account dates back to October 2010 or earlier and expired in
> >February 2011?
> >
> >https://dsa.debian.org/doc/guest-account/
> >
> >might be useful.

J.

--
/-\                             | Maths and alcohol don't mix. Don't
|@/  Debian GNU/Linux Developer |          drink and derive.