Thorsten Glaser: Declaration of intent

Hallo everyone,

I intend to un-retire from Debian. My original request follows;
by request of jmw, I’m also filing this request here. Axel Beckert
has already seconded the original request, which he was Cc’d in.

>Given that you retired during a rather turbulent time for the project,
>it might be helpful to have some details in your Statement of Intent
>about your recent work in Debian and your plans for the future.

That’s fair: I took the “time off” to look at my involvement from
an “off” perspective, and was able to separate the technical,
political and emotional parts of it. I had orphaned all packages
but quickly ended maintaining most of them again (via collab-maint,
so I’m not an SPOF, and via a sponsor). I’ve continued to follow
best practices and current development (such as dbgsyms) and
maintain a few packages in Debian and quite a number of them
both in my personal repository and for the workplace, and strive
to keep them as correct as possible.

I intend to continue working on select packages to make the
Open Source world a better place, but not involve myself with
project-level decision making much, as evidence has shown this
to be… not very successful. Furthermore I intend to sponsor
packages of people I know and mentor them, which I already
do in private, but not involve myself in official activities
where I have to deal with people as project representative.

I hope this is acceptable; if not, please ask back, and I
will try to answer/clarify.

Thanks in advance,
//mirabilos

- From tg@mirbsd.de Mon Aug  1 15:06:16 2016