Re: Steven Chamberlain: Declaration of intent

Hi,

Steven Chamberlain <steven@pyro.eu.org> (2016-07-02):
> I began using Debian some 13 years ago.  It seemed like a great
> operating system, but that is just the end-product, of a
> well-organised effort to collaborate on free/libre software.  It is
> driven by the work of volunteers who share the same ideals and for
> them:  Debian is a way of life.
>
> So I too would like to become a Debian Developer.  This is to continue
> what I've done as a contributor, and then as maintainer since becoming
> DM last year.  I've co-maintained GNU/kFreeBSD core packages since
> 2012, also including security support, and relevant parts of the
> installer.
>
> I look forward to staying active in the project for many more years.
> As an uploading DD I would be able to work more independently, and
> hope to find new ways that I can contribute.

It'll be a real pleasure to count Steven as a(n official) DD. Everything I
witnessed on installer and kfreebsd fronts was very clean and reasonable,
so making this (well-deserved) status official should be a no-brainer.

KiBi.