Re: Help with the new NM process

On Wed, Jun 08, 2016 at 12:00:26PM +0200, Rafael Laboissière wrote:

> Some months ago, I requested a change in my status from emeritus DD into
> uploading DD [1].  The NM process has been recently changed and I am having
> problems to log into nm.debian.org.

Yes, you are having problems logging in, and no, they are not related to
changes in the website: you would have had problems logging in also a
month ago, likely also a year ago. Please do not report causailty when
you have not tested it really is the case, because that makes my life
maintaining the site harder than it should be, and I find it hard enough
already.

> Of course, my account rafael@d.o is now deactivated but I can log into SSO
> using my current Alioth login.  I have half-succeded in doing it, but in the
> page "Associate SSO username to existing person" [2], I must enter the
> fingerprint of my GPG key.  If I enter the fingerprint of my key that used
> to be in the Debian keyring (0x4A5D72FE), I get the error message : "The GPG
> fingerprint corresponds to a person that has a valid Single Sign-On
> username."
>
> How can I get past this step ?

It's a problem with Emeritus DDs that have an account in LDAP: the
nightly maintenance of nm.debian.org detected an LDAP entry and set the
SSO username to, in your case, rafael@debian.org, because it prefers
@debian.org SSO usernames to alioth ones.

Thet /dm/claim procedure was designed for Debian Maintainers, and has
never been tested with the emeritus case in mind.

I have now deployed tentative support for emeritus developers
associating their record in nm.d.o to their alioth accounts via
https://nm.debian.org/dm/claim

Can you please try again and let me know if it works?

Enrico

--
GPG key: 4096R/634F4BD1E7AD5568 2009-05-08 Enrico Zini <enrico@enricozini.org>