Advocacy for Giovani Augusto Ferreira

Hello,

I advocate Giovani Augusto Ferreira to become Debian Developer, uploading.

The current status of Giovani Augusto Ferreira is Debian Maintainer.

Advocacy text:

I really, really, really, wish to see Giovani as DD upload.

Giovani works with me in Debian over one year. Giovani started doing several exercises that I have in GitHub[1][2][3][4]. Over this time, Giovani always kept a strict contact with me with the intent to learn more and more. He is teacher in a Brazilian High School and he likes to learn and looks for perfection. Really, he learns easy.

In the High School course he uses Debian to teach his students. He also acts in Brazilian Free Software Movement as speaker, always disseminating Debian.

After 2 months studying about packaging, he sent me his first QA work (ttf-summersby, June 2015). After a time, Giovani adopted this package.

Since 2015, Giovani is being a fundamental component for Debian in Brazil. We are Brazilian, then I know Giovani personally since July 2015. Giovani was the organizer of the Debian's stand in 16º International Free Software Forum (Porto Alegre, Brazil, July 2015). He did it alone and he got success. Again, he organized and coordinated the same activity in 12º Latinoware (Foz do Iguaçu, Brazil, October, 2015). Giovani always organized events as Debian Day in his city. Currently, Giovani is organizing the Debian's stand for FISL and Latinoware 2016. He also publishes about these events in DPN[5][6].

In October 2015, Giovani asked to join to Forensics Team. Today, he maintains 8 packages in team and already did some team uploads to help outdated packages. I consider Giovani as fundamental in this team now to help to maintain the "orphan" packages inside the team.

Currently, Giovani maintains 14 packages. He already did 10 important NMUs and several QA/Team uploads, all in excellent conditions, showing a very good skill to maintain packages. He also talked with me about licensing issues in packages several times, showing maturity and knowledgement.

I would like to see Giovani as DD uploading. He will help to improve and disseminate more and more the Debian in Brazil. He already helps to review packages and solve doubts in debian-devel-portuguese and mentors lists.

Good luck Giovani!

Eriberto

[1] https://github.com/eribertomota/hello-newbie
[2] https://github.com/eribertomota/hello-salad
[3] https://github.com/eribertomota/hello-galaxy
[4] https://github.com/eribertomota/hello-destructor
[5] https://www.debian.org/News/weekly/2015/09/#internal
[6] https://www.debian.org/News/weekly/2016/01/#internal (miniDebConf: Curitiba)

Joao Eriberto Mota Filho (via nm.debian.org)