Has the acceptation of new DMs stalled?

Hi,

I was reading this month's "New Debian Developers and Maintainers"
article[1] at "Bits from Debian" and noticed that in this year's March
and April, only new DDs where accepted - there isn't a single DM in
the list. As I've applied for a DM myself[2] in April, I took a look
at other applications and figured that there are other ones from
March[3] that weren't accepted as well.

So, I would like to ask: has the process of accepting new DMs stalled?
If so, does this has a relationship with the "Newmaint: Call for
help!" section in the last "Bits from the DPL"[4] that was published
yesterday, regarding its unification with the Debian New Member Front
Desk (nm.d.o)?

Regards,
Tiago.

[1]: https://bits.debian.org/2016/05/new-developers-2016-04.html