Advocacy for David Kalnischkies

Hello,

I advocate David Kalnischkies to become Debian Developer, uploading.

The current status of David Kalnischkies is Debian Contributor.

Advocacy text:

As Michael Vogt said in his advocacy, David has been a major (if not the top) contributor to "apt" in the last few years, which is one of the defining pieces of what Debian is.

I have been following "apt" development for quite a while and I can attest to his commitment and good work.  I have had many a pleasant interaction with him, discussing about how to implement some features, debugging problems, and (more often) getting help from him about how to use "apt" and learn about details of the implementation.

He is not formally a DM, but I had already suggested in the past that he should apply to become a DM/DD, so I am very happy to see that he took the step forward.  I am not going to say that he'll be a great DD, because even if not formally, in practice he already is (just needs to get the "label").

The extra powers will help him to do uploads by himself if needed,  get other rights like voting on Debian matters (which he fully deserves), and also help him to perhaps venture into other areas from which Debian would benefit (e.g. maintaining other packages).

Manuel A. Fernandez Montecelo (via nm.debian.org)